Thursday, December 13, 2012

BARBED WIRE BUTTERFLIES

I just got my copy of the new novel Barbed Wire Butterflies by Jessica Kristie and am already completely engrossed! Great Job, Jessica, on tackling such a heavy issue with so much empathy. In Elani, you've given slavery a very brave and realistic human face. As I read, I found myself really relating to what it must be like to be held in bondage. I am so pleased that someone so sensitive, and with such a deep understanding of human emotions, has decided to take on this nearly invisible issue. Jessica is the right person at the right time! Her portrayal of modern day slavery rings true. I am also tickled pink that the wire butterfly that Jessica approached me to make has been given a place of honor in the Acknowledgments at the end of the book-->Woo-Hoo! THANK YOU, Jessica, for choosing lil ol ME as your wire-worker ;) I am highly honored to be a part of this project. And special thanks to Genny Heikka for the sweet mention in her blog, too! http://gennyheikka.com/2012/11/barbed-wire-butterflies.html I'm glad you're enjoying your butterfly jewelry. May it spark many interesting conversations in the days to come! <3 Divine

2 comments:

  1. Love you so much Ms. Divine! You've been a wonderful and beautiful blessing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete