Saturday, May 11, 2013

COMING SOON to UncommonFolk--Pyramid Power Plate-Mail

So this super cool dude, Sensei Dale, gave me the idea to do a plate mail version of my hexagonal body chain and I was immediately en-ARMORED (heh heh) with the idea. The wheels started a'turnin and I soon set about making it a Reality. I decided to go with pyramids, since I've already done the whole hexagon-thingy (and cuz they look so Klingon/SciFi) and designed a sweet bib-style necklace...totally Warrior Princess chic. This project is on the back burner, for now, since I've also been learning how to stamp metal lately, but I took a few pix of the work in progress cuz I'm thrilled with how it's turning out. Doing linkwork in those tight spaces has been kinda rough and slow-goin, but I prefer a permanently closed loop for longevity (jumprings suuuuck) and the attachment pattern is kinda cool, too. It really lends to the piece's geometrical awesomeness, I think. (((Loves me some geometry!))) Can't wait to see this lil sweetie come to fruition...Thanks, Dale..you da man <3

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. That is going to be AMAZING! I can't wait to see the final result. Hmmmmm...I'm thinking TCK. :)

    ReplyDelete